Pawsitive Impact Circle
Consider joining the League's PAWSitive Impact Circle (PIC). As a PIC member, you will be recognized as one of the League's philanthropic leaders—helping thousands of homeless animals each year. The significant support provided by the League's PIC members enables us to provide high-quality care to our resident companion animals and many of the services needed in our pet-loving community.
PIC membership is based on annual donations calculated according to the calendar year. Anyone contributing more than $500 in one calendar year earns PIC membership for that year along with a variety of benefits according to their donor level. Benefits include an invitation to our annual PIC reception and behind-the-scenes shelter tour held each spring along with invitations to other League seminars and events.
What Can Each Gift Mean?
Unrestricted gifts to the AWLA enable us to provide the daily care and attention that each of our residents need. Following are just a few of the ways that donations help the companion animals in our care:
- $500 can pay for a desperately-needed dental cleaning for one of our dogs or cats. Often, pets arrive at the shelter having had no previous medical attention. Dental cleanings are critical to help animals avoid serious infections and chronic pain.
- $1,000 can pay for two dogs to receive life-saving heartworm treatment.
- $1,500 helps to cover the surgery and rehabilitation a dog or cat needs after suffering a severe trauma (such as being hit by a car). Many times, amputation is the best option for victims of traumatic accidents. Through surgery and rehabilitation, the League can offer many of these animals a second chance for a long, happy life with new adopters.
- $2,500 can purchase five cat condos for our adoptions area.
- $5,000 helps to cover the sterilization and microchipping of all adoptable dogs for one month.
- $10,000 helps to microchip three-fourths of the animals adopted through the League in one calendar year.
These are just a few ways your donation helps our animals. If you would like more information about the PAWSitive Impact Circle, please contact Paige Blache, our Director of Development at PBlache@AlexandriaAnimals.org or 703-746-5580.