Youth Volunteer Program
The League is pleased to offer volunteer opportunities to local children and teenagers through the Youth Volunteer Program!
What You Need to Know
- The goal of the Youth Volunteer Program is to inspire the spirit of service while helping the homeless animals at the Vola Lawson Animal Shelter.
- All youth must attend an introductory orientation OR have attended AWLA Summer Camp within the last 2 years in order to volunteer at the shelter.
- The Youth Volunteer Program takes place during the academic school year.
- Youth volunteer sessions are held after school hours, Monday through Friday.
- Youth in grades 3 through 12 can participate in the Youth Volunteer Program.
- Service hours or scout badge requirements can be earned by participating in youth volunteer sessions.
- Each volunteer activity focuses on a different type of companion animal.
How Do I Join?
Students interested in volunteering should:
- Complete a Youth Volunteer Program application and liability waiver.
- Attend one “Introduction to the AWLA” session OR have attended AWLA Summer Camp within the last two years.
- Sign up for the session(s) corresponding to the schedule and student's interest.
- Volunteer spots are filled on a first come, first served basis.
What Are the Different Volunteering Sessions?
During the school year, the League offers many different youth volunteer sessions for animal lovers in grades 3 through 12. An email will be sent to all youth volunteers once the fall volunteer sessions have been posted. For details and dates for our youth volunteer sessions, please view the Spring 2013 Schedule.
If you are looking for our vegetable list, please click here.
If you are part of Scout group or other service group and would like to develop a service project, please contact Lindsay Halgerson. Troop or group visits may be scheduled Monday through Friday.